Believe it or not, according to your face shape, there is a ‘right’ shape of earrings that suits you best. But first you should find out what shape your face has.
Here’s how to correctly identify the shape of your face:
- Get a soft and flexible measuring tape, a tailor’s measuring tape would be perfect
- Tie your hair up and examine you face. Notice the contour of your hair line. Does it taper towards the top of your head? Does it have an almost straight edge? Or does it come down the middle of your forehead to create a heart shape?
- Pick the highest point on your forehead and measure its width. Start at one side of the hair line and stop at the other.
- Looking straight ahead, measure the width of your cheek area, cheekbone to cheekbone
- Measure the width of your lower jaw area. Take note of your chin. Is it narrow or wide?
- Measure the length of your face down the center, hairline to chin
- Compare the numbers you come up with to the following chart
Now that you’ve identified your face shape, read on for the earring shape that suits you best.
1. Round Face
If you have a short face combined with somewhat wider cheekbones you have a round face like Christina Ricci and Ginnifer Goodwin.
To elongate your face and create the illusion of a lean neck, go for thin graceful dangly earrings. The longer the better!
2. Rectangular Face
Do you have a tall face, a wide jaw, a short chin and a wide forehead? Then you might have a rectangular face like Angelina Jolie and Demi Moore.
A wider jaw may sometimes be related to masculine features. To flaunt your beauty, stick to large chandelier earrings. The movement of a drop earring adds a graceful feminine touch. Large hoop earrings work well too.
3. Triangular Face
Is your chin narrow and pointed? Is your forehead wide? This means that you have a triangular or heart shaped face like Reese Witherspoon and Kate Hudson.
Go for earrings that have an inverted triangular shape to balance out the narrowness of your chin and add some weight to the lower half of your face.
4. Oval Face
When you have an equally narrow forehead and chin and wide cheekbones you have an oval face like Hilary Duff and Katherine Heigl
Because of the proportions of your face pretty much any earring type will compliment it well. Mix it up! Try large stud earrings, drop earrings and dangle earrings. The jewelry world is your oyster!
5. Pear Face
If you sport a narrow hair line or forehead and a wide jaw line, you have a pear shaped face like Jennifer Aniston and Kelly Osbourne
A pear face can best be complimented with stud earrings that draw balance to the center of the face. Small stud earrings are the best to frame your face.
Don’t have your ideal earrings yet? No worries, we’ve got you. Come over to check out Masymetric’s gorgeous collection of earrings here.
Well, you’ve mastered accessorizing for your face shape, but what about your skin tone? Sign up to find out more on one of our upcoming posts: How to Choose Jewelry for Your Skin Tone. Stay tuned!